Sunday, October 20, 2013

Our Africa

I found a really neat website called Our Africa. It's the one stop website for all the information you need about Africa. The website talks about African food, their health, sports and games, climate, development and much, much more. You can also learn about each country in Africa individually too!! There's so much information and it's all really fascinating!
What I found the most interesting on this website is the games they played. I never knew that the game Mancala originated in Africa. I always thought it came from Asia. I found this interesting because my family plays this game all the time!
Another thing I found really interesting about this website was the foods that they ate! Other countries have influenced Africa's taste in food in many ways, and different parts of Africa have different tastes.. In the north, Arabs introduced spices and the Turks introduced some baked goods. Olives are also used in almost everything they make! In the South, the cow is sacred so they rely mainly on grains, beans, vegetables, and fish. In East Africa, they eat a lots of fruit and steamed rice and they used spices from the Arabs to give their dishes more taste. In West Africa, they enjoy starchy foods, and also use a lot of spicy foods in their cuisines.

No comments:

Post a Comment